Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Humansofnewyork Uganda pictures

As I was scrolling through the humans of new york blog, one picture in particular hit me. It was of An eleven year old boy weaving baskets with his mother. The qoute underneath it said " I asked the mother for a picture of him, and she said it was up to the boy. He got up looked me over and said," Prove to me you're not a terrorist." This made me think, how much pain and hardship has a boy that young seen in his short life? We do not see the boy's father in the picture. Maybe he was killed by terrorists. Does this boy live in fear everyday of terrorists that might come destroy his home, and kill him and his family?

2 comments:

  1. Humans of New York is one of my favorite websites. I remember this pose and often thought of this young man protecting his mother. You should add the photo!

    ReplyDelete